MonthlyPeriod!

mula sa SmallRoom Publication landlord: denster

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Caramel Bar

At the train station, I saw my world. She was there in slow motion, walking away from the door, straight into the exit. I was staring inside the train, in the window, straight to her. Hoping she'll look back and notice me staring at her. And something unexpected did happen. She looked back at the train, in the window, straight back to me. And there's more than meet the eyes. And I jumped off the train and went wandering with her. That's how we've met. And we ended up sharing a small caramel bar that night.

At home, I cooked lame breakfast and she cooked fine dinner. We bought a new record every week. Me, picking the old classic ones and she, choosing the rockin' tunes. We bought a new movie every week and memorized each funny and cheesy lines some people don't care about. We got all dressed up and praise one another on how we looked good with what we're wearing. We got all dressed up just to stay at home and go to a much needed sleep. We never run out of mundane things to talk about. Laughing our heart out until we cannot breathe any more. Then we'll go jump off of bed and outrun one another for the last bottle of our favorite drink at the fridge. Then start all over again, only this time, we'll be running outside to get a bottle of our favorite drink because there's no more left on the fridge.

We rode our funky bikes out to the old school yard and to the weird places where blind people play new wave music. We walked and talked for hours in the street and we stopped on every 24-hour cafe to get some frap. We walked on every lonely places and let them feel happiness. We talked about how life and people were unfair on some ways that we would end up crying on each other's shoulder. Then we'll laugh at one another. Just like that. Never wanted to be lonely together. Two people brought together by big time talks and laughters in that quiet town.

But then I rubbed my eyes. Reality check. I don't know how to ride a bike. I don't know how to cook. And she never looked back at me that night on that train station. And I ate the small caramel bar that night alone. 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home